Thursday, June 2, 2016

Info: Life On Mars

After recently seeing/hearing Mr. Bowie's performance of this song on a Fashion Rocks Youtube video, I was inspired to attempt a simple, yet, hopefully, elegant version of the tune. Life On Mars has been described as Broadway meets Salvador Dali, due to its well stated musical structure blended with a jumble of lyrical images. This version features piano by Los Angeles musician Peter Adams. I am mostly satisfied with the vocal tracks... Upon playback I merely struggle with the fact that, yes, it's not Bowie singing the song (For those who my not get it - My use of the word "Merely" is intended as a sarcastic underplay of how immense Mr. Bowie's talent truly was). Regardless, it is my homage to the guy who presented me with my first real vocal/music lesson in life. And, I would add, he was a dear friend, though, I never personally met him. I dedicate this song to Tracey and Karen for all those times we called Detroit radio stations requesting Bowie from the end of street on Barilane Drive.

All video used was pulled from the Internet Archive and was indicated to be in the Public Domain. I make no claim to the publishing rights to this song, nor do I claim any rights of the video clips presented within - some of which are presented for satirical purpose. Also, I have no intention to commercially profit by presenting Mr. Bowie's music in this manner, I simply did it because I thought I would enjoy the process. It was such a splendid delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment