Thursday, September 29, 2016

Money - that's what I want...


Michael Madill / Madsound
This time Mike and Ed have produced a lively version of the Barret Strong song Money (that's what I want) for me.  Today I begin putting the video together for this version of the classic Motown song recorded by so many others - perhaps most notably the Beatles, however the Stones did a version, the Animals did a version, even Mr. Jim Morrison and the Doors did a version of this song.  I look forward to posting the video for public consumption here in a couple weeks.  And, thank you to these two masterful producers for making me sound like I almost know what I'm doing with the microphone.


Edward Donnelly / WayOutSound
Meanwhile, I will place some scratch tracks onto my next Jason Peirce song titled A BETTER WAY TO CRY.  And, Stephanie Barone will return to the studio with me to add vocals for several of the tracks that I am currently working on.  Including Cody Melville's lyrical delight titled OVER YOU.

Also, we will be moving everything over to DresdenCowboy.com later in October, that will make it easy for fans to keep up with everything we have going on.  Thank you to everyone for listening to this song catalogue as we build it.  I hope to keep the cool Americana vibe coming your way, one tune at a time.


My best
- John

No comments:

Post a Comment